I did my first afterthought heel socks. As you may tell by the title of this post, there were problems, many problems….
1. I put the waste yarn in the wrong place, so there is a random line on one of them and a half a line on the other. And I thought, well let’s be honest, I didn’t think.
2. I assumed it would mean no short rows, but the pattern I followed had a small short row gusset.
3. I had to pick up stitches with really tiny needles. Enough said.
4. Grafting and kitchener stitch. This was the second time I’d tried this and it looks just as awful as the first time.
5. Casting off at the rib usually means the socks are finished and then I had to deal with the disappointment after realising they weren’t.
So I guess I probably won’t try that again. Which is a bit of a shame because as much as I like how the decreases look, the aesthetics aren’t enough to make up for the headache.