I got a gorgeous fiber batt at FiberTron the other weekend from Twisted Zisters. It was a mix of merino and silk in soft white, yellow, and burgundy reds.
I’ve had a couple of Annettes batts before which I’ve played with and made some passably okay yarn from, and this time I wanted to really try hard to do it justice.
I did a lot of googling and decided my best plan of attack would be to break it up in to rolags. This was something new for me, so they’re probably not the best looking ones you might have seen…
I kind of decided to go a bit thick and thin with the spinning, which was lucky because it seemed like that’s what the fiber wanted as well!!
Then came the decision of what to do next. I didn’t feel like it would make a good single, but I also didn’t want to ply it on itself and loose any of the texture. So I dug out some left over burgundy/red HolstGarn Super Soft and decided to use that to ply with.
The result is 2 skeins of barber pole, almost art yarn like, DK (ish) weight wool.
Now I’m on the hunt for that ‘perfect’ pattern.
4 thoughts on “Batty about Batts”
Congratulations in producing s perfect yarn, Gill! Am sure you won’t have any trouble finding or making up, a perfect pattern!
Thanks Janice 🙂
It definitely turned out better than I though it would.
How fun to play with this.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It turned out beautiful!