I would like to invite you to a Kiwi Summer Knit and Crochet Along, a KCAL (which I am pronouncing Kay Cal).
Even though summer doesn’t officially start until December, and finishes in March, Labour Weekend at the end of October is definitely the unofficial start. The clocks have gone forward, the temperatures are going up more often than coming down, and summer is definitely in the air. Which is why I’ve decided that the start of the KCAL is going to be the beginning of November.
The rules are a bit fluid at the moment, though the whole idea is to bring attention to New Zealand designers and New Zealand indie dyers.
Here are the rules so far (there aren’t many and they are pretty fluid)
- The pattern is from a New Zealand Designer
- And/or the yarn is from a New Zealand Indie Dyer
- Whatever you knit or crochet is completed by the 28th February (this is my randomly chosen end of summer day )
- Yes you can use the KCAL to finish something you’ve started and got stuck on
- Anyone can join in from wherever you are
- Post pics of your finished items on Instagram #kiwisummerKCAL2020 if you want to be in to win*.
*I will get organised and make sure there are some prizes to give away in a random draw at the end that reflect the same theme.
Julie at Wool on Wheels has an amazing directory of NZ Pattern Designers, Yarn shops and Online Yarn Brands (check out the Indie dyers list)
You can also search for New Zealand as the designer country on Ravelry
The Creative Fibre website also has a great directory to look through on
And, as always google is our friend and spits out a good list of NZ Indie Yarn Dyers